Am I entitled to Wohngeld? / Habe ich Anspruch auf Wohngeld?

Das Forum ist derzeit geschlossen, eine Registrierung oder das Verfassen von Themen & Beiträgen sind nicht möglich.
  • Hallo,

Sorry for writing in English, I am learning German but my German is not great yet.

I am not sure if I am entitled to Wohngeld. I will move to Germany (Tubingen) in September to study for at least one complete year in the University as a full time student (no Erasmus or exchange student). I am 23 years old and I think that I am not entitled to the BaföG as, although I am an EU citizen, I have never lived in Germany before. My online income is an orphan pension of 200 € a month and some economic help from my mother. I plan to live in a rented room in a dorm in Tubingen..

I am not sure how I could apply for the Wohngeld as I have no documents (taxes, ...) in German as I have never lived in Germany.

Do you think that I am entitled to Wohngeld and that it is enough to provide the documents available in Https://www.wohngeld.org/antrag.html without providing any additional document and living in a University dorm? Thank you.

Dankeschön.